Keeping your data safe
This page explains our approach to privacy on all our Office Needs websites and how it affects you. It covers:
- What information will be collected from you when you use our sites;
- Who exactly collects that information;
- How that information is used and by whom;
- What security measures are in place to protect this information;
- Your rights in relation to this information;
- How this policy may change and how we will notify you of any changes; and
- How to contact us if you have any queries about this policy.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
1. Personally identifiable information: such as your name, applicable addresses and email address
2. Financial information: If you wish to make an automated payment for your purchase, we will require your credit card number, security number and expiry date. Your financial information is used solely for this purpose. We use Sage Pay to process your card data, which is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) – the highest level of compliance. No record of your financial information will be held on our sites or otherwise by us following the processing of your payment. Sage Pay also does not use, share, retain or store this information for any purpose, other than to process your payment.
3. Cookies and System Logging: A cookie is a file that is placed on your computer by another computer on the internet, to enable that computer to know when you are using a particular website. For example, if you had a cookie on your home PC, you may be greeted by your name when you log on to a particular website.
We do use essential cookies on our sites, in order to provide you with the ability to shop via our online store – these cookies are what enable us to provide you with your saved shopping basket, and also show your customised product lists when you log in. We do also collect information such as the date and time of visits to our websites, the pages viewed and time spent on our sites. This is collected anonymously, and not linked to any individual. We use this information to improve your experience on our website. If you want to understand more about our use of Google Analytics, click here to read more or click here to follow their opt-out procedure if you wish.
Note: You can disable cookies on your computer at any time by using the preferences or options menu in your browser, but be aware that some of the functionality of your online shopping experience with us cannot operate without them.
WHO COLLECTS THE INFORMATION?
The websites that we collect information through are www.officeneedsgroup.co.uk, www.officeneedsfurniture.co.uk and evl42.s1.e-storefront.co.uk. All these sites are owned by Office Needs, registered in England and Wales under company number 3304530, with our registered office at 16 Heronsgate trading estate, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EU. You can find our contact details here.
The personally identifiable information that we collect through our websites is owned solely by us. We do not share, sell or rent your information to any other person, company or organisation in any way, other than as disclosed in this document or as stated at the point where we collect your information.
HOW IS THE INFORMATION USED AND BY WHOM?
The information described above will be used by us for the following purposes only:
- To provide you with the goods you have ordered
- To contact you if we experience problems in processing a payment
- To provide you with marketing materials (according to your preferences, for example if you opt in to our mailing list)
We pass on your information to people who work with us only if that information is necessary for the purposes stated above.
We currently use the following third-party organisations in order to process your information (where applicable):
- Sage Pay, in order to process online card payments
- Heart Systems, in order to process customer orders (though this data is all held locally on Office Needs servers, authorised Heart Systems employees may need to access our servers from time to time to carry out maintenance tasks)
- Lloyds Cardnet, in order to process offline card payments
- Net Junction Ltd (trading as Evolution Software), in order to run our e-commerce site
- Office Friendly’s Maxemail, in order to hold your information on our mailing list and send you marketing emails (if you choose to opt in to our mailing list)
- Parcel Force, DPD or VOW in order to supply your goods, when our own delivery drivers will not be fulfilling your order
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES DO WE HAVE IN PLACE TO PROTECT THIS INFORMATION?
To protect your privacy, your financial information is sent to us through a secure server which encrypts it before it is sent to us. The system uses a secure mode using 128 bit SSL encryption.
We also use our best efforts to protect your information off-line: it is only given to those of our employees who genuinely need to access it in order to perform their job. Our security procedures for storing and disclosing customer details conform with the Data Protection Act 1998, in order to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of the owners and operators of these sites. We therefore encourage you to read the privacy statements and policies on each site to which you are asked to submit personal information.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THIS INFORMATION
If you wish to change any of your personal information, please contact us using the details set out on the contact page of our website (found here).
If you would like to gain access to any personal information held by us about you, then please contact us in writing to request a copy of your information. We reserve the right to verify your identity before providing a copy of any information.
If you have any questions about this policy or our procedures, please contact us using the details set out on the contact page of our website (found here).