Proud to be Green
Office Needs is a Basildon Business Awards Winner for “Environmental Awareness” and has also held the Carbon Smart Gold Award, proving that environmental awareness is of prime importance.
Ways in which Office Needs is helping the environment include:
- Solar panels installed on the roof of the Office Needs building.
- We have also switched electricity supply to Ecotricity who only supply 100% green electricity, helping Britain move towards a more sustainable way of living.
- Replacement of all lighting throughout the building to new energy efficient lighting with motion sensors, to help reduce unneccessary electricity consumption in low-traffic areas.
- Restructured vehicle routing to reduce emissions from the diesel vehicles.
- We reuse packaging where possible and take care to pick and pack our own products in suitably sized boxes, helping to minimise waste and keep our delivery runs as efficient as possible.
You may have spotted ourbadge on various products around the store.
We use this to mark products that specifically require no further action on the part of the consumer to meet their full environmental potential, distinguishing them as an eco-friendly option from the moment a customer chooses to order them.
The criteria we use to decide this does vary a little depending on the nature of the product, but as a general rule, all of the products included in this selection meet at least one of the following guidelines:
All of our Eco-Friendly badged products are part of an ever-growing, hand-curated list, largely based on the information provided by our suppliers and product manufacturers. While we do our best to independently verify as many of these environmental credentials as possible, unfortunately there may still be occasional human errors or omissions in the data available to us.